Director of Sales and Marketing
At Flight Coffee we believe that being a strong wholesale partner means more than just offering great coffee. We see our wholesale partners as members of the Flight Coffee Company Team. We provide skills and coffee knowledge training, design consulting, equipment recommendations, and marketing support. This sets up our wholesale partners for success and shows them what we mean when we say they've joined the Flight Family. We believe in supporting our wholesale partners year round and helping them deliver a truly extraordinary coffee experience for their customers.
To help us in this mission, we are looking for the right person to join Flight Coffee Company in a senior role.
With ten years of experience in roasting and retail, Flight Coffee is poised to take it to the next level and grow our wholesale customer base as well as expand our footprint for Flight Cafes throughout New England and across the United States.
The right candidate will have:
- At least three years of full time specialty coffee experience in a training role (SCA certifications are preferred)
- Demonstrated sales experience building and managing a portfolio of specialty coffee cafes
- Demonstrated marketing experience developing and delivering messaging that is relevant and fresh
- Extensive familiarity with social media channels knowing how to use them to reach our prospective customer base
- A clean driving record and a reliable vehicle
You will play a vital role in carrying out the Flight mission statement. Your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively manage our existing portfolio of customers, provide ongoing training and support and help ensure quality on a regular basis.
- Identify and close new cafe business within the greater New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island).
- Seek out ways to expand our customer base beyond New England locating guest roasting opportunities and potential new full time wholesale customers
- Develop marketing campaigns leveraging both conventional methods and social media outreach
- Initially, you will also be involved with our retail mail order customers by developing marketing initiatives to increase their engagement, however this responsibility will gradually decrease as the time needed to manage the growing wholesale customer base increases.
This position is based in Bedford, NH although it is expected a fair amount of time will be spent on the road visiting existing and potential customers.
Compensation includes a base salary plus commission, a subsidized Medical plan through Harvard Pilgrim with dental options coming soon and paid holidays and vacation. Based upon performance, there is also the potential to receive a profit share in addition.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications above, please forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. During the 2022 SCA Trade Show in Boston from April 8-10, you may also call or text Jim Barrett at 617-468-5321 for an onsite interview.
🚀 Our mission: Flight Coffee Company exists to create meaningful connections in our community and on our planet. As a team of unique individuals we joyfully create memorable specialty coffee experiences. Nationally acclaimed, locally loved, woman owned and founded- we are Flight Coffee.